Friday, January 16, 2015


Just had a 3-way CFL blow out on me

Darn thing exploded after flickering a bit. Well, not quite, but something internal to the socket definitely did. Sent out one or two good size sparks while it happened too, but at least they didn't land on anything. Makes me wonder if something like that could cause a fire in the right situation, as most people do leave lights on unattended and stuff.

Glass and most of the bulb looks ok (nothing broken or indicative of physical damage), but the plastic on the base is discolored from white in the middle and was fairly hot when I removed it.

Bulb info on the socket:
GE 3-way 26W

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?