Saturday, October 10, 2009

 

VideoLan's latest update is nice

I don't claim to see any major differences in how it appears or menus, but sometimes the fixes they do that go unseen improve the software quite a bit. I'm not sure what it is that they changed (buffering, making the code more efficient, etc.) but now I can actually use Firefox while playing music on VideoLan with a lot less hiccups or stuttering. That was one minor annoyance that seems to be fixed, but that one thing makes the software a lot more polished as a media player that's compatible with multi-tasking.

So now I can tap into shoutcasts or my music library while browsing. Small thing in the scheme of things, but much appreciated.

Thumbs up, VLC team!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?