Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

Fixing the double-click problem

I think I may have finally found a solution for fixing the unwanted double-click problem I've been having with my Logitech LX310 mouse: electrical contact cleaner. Yeah, I opened up my mouse and sprayed just a drizzle of that stuff on the micro-switches for the buttons. In other words, it's really really annoying when your mouse does an extra click when you don't want it to.

And yes, I was careful not to lose any of the screws or the little teflon feet that peel off above two of the screws.

I remember contact cleaner being the $5 wonder fix for a $99 console window controller in my car, so why not for a $30 mouse? So far so good. Maybe I'll do a follow up to see if it holds.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?