Wednesday, February 04, 2009

 

Funny Slashdot Quotes...

I'm probably relatively light as far as being a technical geek goes (I can't program worth squat, if you could consider my mediocre fiddling with Action/javascript to be programming), but I still read slashdot because of the thought-provoking topics it goes into. But what I find funny are some absurd quotes, but specifically ones that are absurd and even funnier when taken out of context. I figure if I collect enough of them, I'll make a dozen illustrations to go with them. Sort of like a backwards engineered Far Side calendar, but probably not as good as what Gary Larson would have come up with.

Anyhow, here's some of the random quotes:
"No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death."
I suppose I'll trudge on, whether I'm really just a marionette or not.
Do you stand underneath the spinning blades of a nice, Green-friendly power generating windmill and eat the birds and bats that are beaten to death and fall to the ground so that some electrons can make your Wii glow and amuse you?
Also, pigs soar above the frozen wasteland that was hell.
So thanks for nothing buddy, you're about as much use as a poopy flavoured lollipop.
Jesus will forgive you, then He will adapt and evolve to deal with the perils of living in the trash can. Or being undead in the trash can.
These aren't suspension bridges, as the comparison to the George Washington bridge in the article clearly shows. They are rope bridges.
Do you really think the suits upstairs can tell the difference between Linus and Zaboomafoo the Typing Lemur?

I just need four more good ones, and I'll have what I need to make my own little wall calendar art. I can just picture two sabertooth tigers talking to each other for that first one, and if you can also see that, you can tell that random debates of countless debating geeks makes for fun material to work.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?